In order to bring about our Aims, we have identified certain General Goals; some of these are presently being realised, and the others are being addressed:
- a) the establishment and maintenance of mutual contacts between British Muslims of whatever origin and their families. To facilitate this a general register of, whether or not they are members of the Association of British Muslims, is being compiled;
- b) representing British Muslims, who might otherwise be unrepresented at various organisations, conferences, and forums;
- c) providing a meeting place and centre for British Muslims and others;
- d) conveying Islam to the British people largely by example and inter-personal relations;
- e) presentation of the evolving British Islam by organic social processes as a good and desirable thing, and not something to be feared or resisted;
- f) work towards the appointment of a new incumbent to the position of Shaykhu-l Islam of the British Isles (officially established by HM the Queen-Empress Queen Victoria and the Caliph, HIM Sultan Abdul Hamid II [jannat makan]) to work with the Chief Rabbi and the Heads of the various Christian Denominations in the Kingdom.
- g) the development of non-exclusive social welfare projects and community action groups.